What is COVID-19?
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to person contact.
To protect the health and safety of all members and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have put in place some temporary rules for club events.
You will also need to complete, sign and return a New Member Application (if you haven't done so already) and a COVID-19 Release before you can participate in club events.
Effective 30 June 2020
1. Stay home if you feel unwell (e.g. if you are experiencing a fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, dry cough, runny nose or sore throat).
2. Maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres, avoid unnecessary contact and avoid Kiai.
3. Practice good hygiene (wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly, cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue).
4. Participant numbers will be limited to 20 in the Union House Exercise Studio and 10 in the Irene Watson Room (including instructors). No spectators will be permitted.
5. Follow all signage and markings that direct flow of traffic, maintain distancing or prohibit access.
6. No more than 4 people may use a change room at any one time – you are encouraged to arrive dressed in your Karate uniform or training clothes.
7. You are encouraged to download the free COVID Safe App to assist contact tracing with COVID-19 infection.
New Member Application (Adults)